The confidence and clarity I had in my business idea had plummeted whilst on holiday in Scotland and I got back feeling just awful.
RIGHT. This mess needed sorting out. I wanted to get back to the basic concept and start afresh. I’m sitting at desk. The house is empty. OK.
- The emphasis had always centred on creating a better understanding of ‘context’ so that Managers can better engage with their teams.
- It was about capturing perspectives to get that understanding – listening to what the sponsor, team leader and team members find as important and why, what they think could be done differently, how positive and motivated they feel about things – and most importantly – WHY.
- It was about better understanding the style of the team leader, and the values of the team members.
- It was about real dialogue: teams and their leaders talking together, co-creating a shared understanding of the issues, possibilities, ideas and means – where they are aligned and where they could be more aligned and why
- Then it was about achieving real outcomes – what the team could do differently to move forward together, be that in learning, communication, collaboration, relationships, changes to processes etc.
I was waking up in the mornings, visualising the way this ‘offering’ would work. A brand name popped up. Continue reading