What happens when you realise your path is entrepreneurship rather than employment? Lindsay takes up the challenge and shares an account of her journey as it unfolds…
WHOA!!!! Finally!! Here are the headlines…. (cue heavy, dramatic drum beat)
- Oil and gas major
- 8 teams plus the leadership team
- Merger and change situation
- MIRROR MIRROR AGREED AS THE INTERVENTION TO DELIVERY CULTURAL INTEGRATION
Yes! we have verbal agreement on a multi-team cultural integration programme in the UK. With some proposal tweaks, we expect contract signing in 2 – 3 weeks. So, it’s not quite full celebrations yet but we are 98% there. I couldn’t wait to share the news! : )
The story behind that is that there’s a huge change going on alongside a multi-team merger. Our contact there is responsible for helping it all go smoothly from a people perspective. He’s aware that there are multiple realities going on that are not aligned: different cultures, different levels of understanding around what is happening and why, different levels of exposure to the change management activities that have taken place so far.
He wants to use Mirror Mirror to:
- assess the extent to which behaviours (the operating culture) in the new organization are compatible,
- assess current perception on the shared changing context,
- use those insights to inform stakeholders driving the change, and evaluate the work done so far,
- work the data collected at a team level to improve shared understanding and behaviours, increase engagement and ownership, leading to more successful integration and change.
This is exactly what we’ve been working towards. The implications are a huge new case study that could open doors to more such work. It’s huge and almost as if everything so far has been leading to this point, which is a bit fatalistic and dramatic, but hey.
Work should begin next month.
Mirror Mirror– because a collective focus, with each team at the centre, drives performance.
Your story, our platform: If you’ve got a story and would like to share it with other Femflectors, please let us know. Femflection is all about transferring learnings to help others, be they big or subtle. We want to connect with your feelings, your learnings, your reflections or your hopes for the future – in blog or interview format. Express yourself here. Get in touch with us via email@example.com
For more content visit our website http://www.femflection.com